Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let it be known...

Claire cried for the first time today
when I dropped her off at the baby-sitter's.
She reached her little arms out toward me and cried, cried, cried.
Talk. About. Heartbreak.

I thought maybe she was going to 
bypass the separation anxiety thing,
seeing as how she is eleven months old
and up until now the Wicked Witch of the West 
could have picked her up
and she probably would have smiled and pinched the witch's nose.
(Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration)

But, today was different.
Today, Claire wanted her mom!
Walking out the door to head to work,
while I was soo sad that I had to leave
and I wished so much that this wasn't the case.
a small part of me felt a tinge of relief
that my little girl
wanted me.


This is one of my favorite pictures of Claire.
It captures her joyful, silly spirit
that I love so much!
No wonder it's hard for me to leave her every day.
But, I'm happy to share...

that next year I will be a part-time school counselor
and a part-time stay-at-home-mom!

I truly believe that God saw the desires of my heart
and worked out the details.
He made a "stream in the desert"
as I like to call it.
He made a way where I didn't think there was one.
He worked out our finances, he created a part-time position
where there had been none.
And I couldn't be more excited!!!

What area of your life do you need to ask God
for a stream in the desert?

Happy nesting everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!